Yihan showed me this during income tax class today..He showed me this after I questioned someone's drive in his achievements. He's quite often termed as "class monitor", needless to say because he is always good with the profs and at his work. Beyond school, he's also an active Christian. And, there's always a smile on his face.
God showed me something when I was 15.
I was climbing a mountain in malaysia
I lost my glasses
But I told myself I wanted to be first up on that mountain
So I just charge ahead right behind the local guide
Cos God showed me that everyday we live, everything we accomplish, everything we do
We are writing our own story. Our own novel.
That this life, can turn up as one of thousands of God's failures, or one of His few successes
Simply by our actions and decisions
We are writing our own history every single day
And I told myself at the end of my life, I want to look back and know that the novel I have written was one darn good read
And I encourage you to do all you can, burn those bridges and make your novel one darn good read too
There are still many pages in there
Just write with care and I'm sure you will have a really nice book by the time you are done
When you think of life like that, it makes you do Crazy things. Crazy but not stupid. Radical, Crazy and audacious things
You just tell yourself, dang, it's between success and failure. Count my cost and just go in for the kill and go for success
And many times, you will get it
But God challenged me that day, "What will people remember you for? Will they remember you for being number 2?"
That essentially drove me up the mountain

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home